What the token does?

Creating a token enables the DAO to have an asset (without investing) that can be used to fund projects/guilds for effort the DAO needs (both maintenance and major initiatives), as well as contribute to internal DAO economics.

–Paying core team members for their efforts
–Paying for work done by Guilds and their squads
–Internal DAO markets and trade
–Bounties

Will the Across token be used strictly for governance? or will it be used as money? or both?

Would it be a monetary asset and a governance token to be used to fund and vote? Some DAO’s treat their governance token as ONLY that, and it actively drives down it’s valuation.

If its money then the DAO as an organization has the challenges of both a startup and an emerging digital nationstate in that we have to find and create revenue streams and manage costs, as well as drive the use and acceptance of our denomination both internally and externally.

I think long term will be based on the size of the treasury it controls and the useful things you can do with it. As a result, I think the focus should be on activities that generate on-chain revenue for the DAO and ways to make the token useful stake it, collateral, ect.

How to pay contributors is definitely an important factor to consider. Without contributors, we won’t be able to do any of the above. Part of me feels that if your contributing, it should be because you believe in the DAO long term and shouldn’t expect an immediate monetary reward. The other part of me thinks that contributor renumeration is something that needs to be painstakingly thought out to retain talent and pay our people

4 Likes

It would be nice to use bridges on the same platform as well as to create a nice dex.
Trading pairs, for example acx-uma, are used as fees and distributed to token holders.
acx-x
acx-y
acx-z
Just a simple idea as liquidity addition commissions are burned

Tokenomics can be viewed as a function of 3 main parameters, token launch (model, vesting scheme, market cap), utility, and inflation. Utility is one of the major drivers of adoption and appreciation of value. Thus, the more utilities, the best. Governance will be the first and more obvious utility of $ACX, but we must think beyond this to achieve sustainnability. This is the ultimate goal. And this is also the common interest of all involved. People that are waiting for profits will be maximally rewarded if they be patient and contribute to protocol sustainnability. Across will be really BIG and this is not a fanboy statement. The major crosschain pipes will see in the future typical value movements that will far exceed those of the biggest centralized exchanges today.

3 Likes

Token is share, it means users own the project

I agree with the use of the token as a payment mechanism for the protocol. The low fees will bring new users and money into the ecosystem. That it can be used in governance will incentivize use of the application and hodling of the asset. Ultimately the goal should be to give users the tools to discover new ways in which to generate positive cash flow and build wealth.

Would we introduce a single staking mechanism? In which we would offer our tokens as liquidity to the across protocol and earn APR either through the fees accrued by the protocol - or another more effective system? Would that be something considered?