Across Token Launch Proposal

I joined across very early, but my identity shows that I joined before March 18, does it matter?

2 Likes

You have nothing to worry about

3 Likes

I totally agree!
Especially people who have “The Builder” NFT should be rewarded.
As of now, only 878 people own the NFT. These 878 people are absolutely early supporters of the project.

12 Likes

excited! always support Across

2 Likes

This is described in the Referral Program section. Anybody can enter their wallet address and create a link. Users who click that link and complete a bridge transfer would attribute awards to that wallet. We can have regular community members tweet about across and share their link and we can have partner protocols link to across and earn tokens too. Large incentives for promoting across

1 Like

What do you mean by #1?
There’s discussion on how to filter out #2. For example if we removed all transactions that paid fees larger than a certain % of total transaction we weed out all the people who were just farming an airdrop.
There’s currently no vesting. The reward locking mechanism and the co founder nft earned (which will have a high multiplier and maybe other privileges) will act to incentivize people not to unlock their tokens and sell. (Well that’s the new concept we are trying!)

1 Like

I second this, it can avoid looters and speculators

1 Like

I’ve been on Across discord since the beginning of early stage and I don’t understand why translators are not rewarded. It has been translated into many languages. I think it’s a group that should be included.

1 Like

Will there be a possibility to mint a new reNFT later with the same wallet?

Less important for now: is the reNFT ever being considered to be dynamic to visually illustrate owner actions and level? Like the Alchemist crucibles for example. I appreciate your talents with Paint but I think something more sophisticated (animated 3D with real-time update) would help to make the user reluctant to claim their rewards and burn their reNFT.

1 Like

This is really great that Across protocol decided to reward their community Discord members with “co-founder status”. Across is the best L2 bridge and $ACX will lead all upcoming L2 bridge tokens.

2 Likes

It is obviously unreasonable to allocate up to 20% of the airdrops to Discord members with “co-founders” status, there are some people who contribute more to the community, such as:

1. translators
  2. the builder NFT holders
  3. poap holders
2 Likes

Sounds good, but could you make the reNFT tradable so if people need or want to cash out they can by passing it on to somebody who is willing to keep the rewards locked

1 Like

This is definitely a unique proposal. My only ask would be that instead of our nft changing… Can each stage be a new nft? Also, what chain will all this be on? I hope not eth… Becasue that’ll cost a lot to use. Although, with eth 2.0 coming, I may be incorrect on that front.

Wow. Really well thought out and innovative Kevin, this is really a nice change of pace from what you usually see from a “worthless governance token”.
I especially love the gamification aspect that you added to it of which i would say - If the community develops a game then they should be rewarded X amount of ACX as well.
Overall i think that this new model will lead the way to a new governance paradigm. Respeck

4 Likes

Hi, who will be treated as contributors to the Across DAO? Will translators who translated the docs and those who get the Builder NFT in dappback included? Although the docs translated have not been published.

1 Like

Individuals will “refer” themselves just to speculate on the airdrop. Sounds like a better idea to implement this post airdrop rather than pre, no?

1 Like

Yes! @TheRealTuna_Across referred me, and I’ve been pooling my eth since. I am curious about the community discord distribution. I joined the discord back in January. Will there be a snapshot for all discord accounts that joined before the date?

can’t agree any more

Second thought about the referral link thing imo it would be better to scrap that or not allocate too many $ACX to it. It’s too easy to game. With the right set up I could bridge 10s of ETH back and forth every day using my link with a couple wallets. Rinse & repeat every now and then until the TGE. All I’ll need is 5 different CEX, 5 wallets who are not linked & 10-15min of work every now and then. As long the $ACX allocated to my @ is worth > than I spent now or a couple months from now I win.
It should be either canceled or put towards the Dappback NFT holders since they helped raise the awareness & contributed in their way more than the people who only contributed with a click.

Btw a quick reminder that’s it’s not only about joining the group or clicking an emoji. They made it clear that whoever wanted to step up, join as co-founder was welcome to do so & help where they see fit. Reacting yesterday and complaining after is pointless. There’s been 500+ reactions since the first proposal yesterday & most of the accounts complaining literally started writing in the group yesterday. That group should be silenced imo. Okay not silenced silenced but warned. They’re only bringing noise to the table & they will slow us down.

3 Likes

Great proposal!Will dappback NFT holders be considered?And how about server boosters in discord?It means a kind of donation.

3 Likes