Governance process tl;dr:
- Post idea in the ｜proposals channel in discord and get feedback from the community in a thread under your post. Use this feedback to refine your proposal.
- Once your proposal following the template is drafted and ready to move forward, post it in the appropriate category for final feedback. Proposals should stay in the feedback stage for at least 4 days to allow for meaningful feedback and adjustments.
- After any final edits to your proposal are made, use the voting template to conduct a vote in the “Voting” category. Votes are the final step in the process and will be open for 3 days.
This document is a suggested process for developing and advancing Across Protocol Community Proposals. It is a living document intended to be owned, modified and enforced by the overall community.
Before we get started, here are a few housekeeping items:
If you have support questions, our Discord is the place to ask. Comments not related to the proposal process in this thread will be removed.
All meaningful governance discussion should take place on this forum to ensure the community has full transparency
The Across governance process is the act of proposing, discussing, and deciding initiatives for the Across DAO.
We have the following categories proposed as important starting points:
Governance: How we make decisions and build infrastructure to allow for healthy decision making as we transition responsibilities and ownership of all Across operations to the DAO.
Tokenomics: Developing an Across token, including function and distribution.
Treasury Management: Setting up treasury infrastructure and making decisions about how we generate income to support the treasury.
If you have an idea that doesn’t fit into any of the categories above, we encourage you to [suggest a new category in the ｜governance channel of the Across Discord.
Once the community has decided in Discord that a proposal is ready to be formalized, they should draft a proposal and share it in the in the appropriate Forum category. This is where final feedback can be provided prior to conducting a vote. New proposals should stay in this stage for at least 4 days to provide opportunity for meaningful feedback to occur.
For any proposal to be considered, it must:
- Follow the Across Proposal Template
- Include [ACP-#] in the title and be numbered correctly
Otherwise, it will not be considered a valid proposal and will be removed.
After the Forum discussion period has passed, a proposal can be moved to a vote. To do this, the creator should format the proposal according to the voting Template and post it in the “Voting” category. Each vote should be announced in the Across Discord and should remain open for 3 days.
For any proposal to be approved, it must:
- Be up for discussion for at least 4 days
- Be open for voting for 3 days
- Have more upvotes than downvotes
- Have at least 100 upvotes
From time to time there may be conflicting proposals. To avoid issues, the 7 day window above can also serve as time for anyone to list their preferred alternative option on the forum. Each proposal on an associate topic will have a [TOPIC] block placed in its title.
After that time, a vote will be put forward including all options available to move forward with, including the option to reject all proposals related to the topic. This will ensure that everyone has the ability to surface their preferences while keeping decision timelines reasonably short.
Remember, this is a living document and is only meant to act as a starting point for governance. If there’s anything you want to add or anything that’s unclear please suggest it below or even as a separate proposal!